The Piano Shed is a blog and private teaching studio specializing in jazz, pop, and blues piano. I offer lessons in my home studio in Medofrd, Massachusetts or online via Zoom. Visit the blog for free video lessons, sheet music, arrangements, and practice tips.
As a student of The Piano Shed, I will work with your individual background and musical goals to create a program suited to your needs. Based on your goals, you will learn how to:
- Play songs from lead sheets (i.e. Fake Books)
- Accompany yourself singing
- Play piano/keyboards in a band
- Improve your composition and songwriting skills
- Figure out your favorite songs by ear
- Read notes and rhythms by learning songs you WANT to learn
- Play in the style of your favorite jazz & pop pianists (such as Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock)
I have over 20 years of teaching experience in a variety of contexts including Berklee College of Music, Greenfield Community College, high schools, and community music schools with students ranging from ages 3-65. You can learn more about my teaching philosophy here.
Read some student testimonials to see what some of my students have said about what they've learned.